What are cookies?
Cookies are data files that can hold small amounts of info and are stored on your device (computer, smartphone etc) when you first visit a website.
How do we use them?
- Improving the performance of our websites by understanding which parts work well, and which don't.
- Delivering relevant online advertising to you. This is sometimes done by combining data that we already have about you with the data collected through Cookies. These Cookies are placed by us and selected third parties and enable adverts to be presented to you.
- To measure how effective our online advertising and marketing communications are.
- To enable us to collect information about how you and other people use our websites.
What types of cookies do we use?
There are four main types.
(1) Site functionality cookies – these allow you to navigate the site and use our features, such as “Add to Bag” and “Save for Later”.
(2) Site analytics cookies – these cookies allow us to measure and analyse how our customers use the site, to improve both its functionality and your shopping experience.
(3) Customer preference cookies – when you're browsing or shopping on ASOS, these cookies will remember your preferences (like your language or location), so we can make your shopping experience as seamless as possible, and more personal to you.
(4) Targeting or advertising cookies – these are used to deliver ads relevant to you. They also limit the number of times that you see an ad and help us measure the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
How to manage cookies
Most browsers will allow you to manage cookies saved on your device – typically by heading to the help section of your browser. It is worth considering, if you modify your settings to block all cookies, you may not be able to access elements of our site or our service.